Thursday 20 May 2010

Apollo Theatre Shaftesbury Avenue

We have to see a show, my family said, so when I saw the advertisement for a play with David Suchet, I had to go.

Arthur Miller's 'All My sons'.  Opening night last night.  Great seats, full house and thanks to my kiddies, a gift for mothers' day- even the fare for a taxi home- London seems to be always thronging, even at night.   Only mumur the seats were small and no leg room and no one told me there would be lightning in the first few moments- I have an ability (disability) to jump in fright.  xxx Thanks family for a great expereince.

3 comments:

tjoyy said...

I seem to have inherited that disability - especially popping balloons - glad you enjoyed the theatre

Claire said...

Things like this, small seats, no leg room,in old theatres remind me how time has passed and with the passing genrations we have grown taller, particularly in 20th C and beyond.

As for the lightning...we went to a French circus performance when Matt was a 3 year old. It started with a very loud explosion. It scared us all, Matt particularly and we had to leave. Not a children's circus, we discovered.

Unknown said...

sounds like you are having a great cultural holiday, how long have you got left?