Tuesday 5 July 2011

Editing

I've had an amazing few weeks editing the next two books out- one an Aussie Nibbles, one a collection of poems.  I've managed to still learn about my writing and am amazed at the power of subtle detection in my respective two editors.  AMAZING!  Thanks Penny, thanks Mary.

I am really thrilled with both books and as I write one is at the printers and one arrives there...maybe tomorrow.

Both books have taken many months if not years to grow- especially the poetry collection of over 90 poems.

I was able to road test a few poems recently at my residency at Sydney Boy's Grammar and was pleased when a laugh greeted the punch line in one and the others captured the audience- I believe in images, concrete details and fun with language.

I appreciate so much the illustrators in both books- in fact here is the cover of 'Note on the door and other family poems.'  Due out with Walker books 1st September.





16 comments:

nattyj said...

Awesome! Can't wait to get a copy & read! Well done xx

Sue Lawson said...

Looks gorgeous Lorraine - looking forward to reading both! Congrats, x

Sheryl Gwyther said...

Go, Lorraine!! From strength to strength - love the cover!! :) x

Sheryl Gwyther said...

Congratulations, Lorraine, you're going from strength to strength! Love the cover :) xx

Karen Tyrrell said...

Congrats Lorraine!! Fabulous news about your TWO new books. Love the brand new cover too >>> Karen T :))

BookChook said...

You say you believe in images, concrete details and fun with language - in a nutshell, that's what makes kids love your poetry! Congratulations on two new books, Lorraine.

Emma Perry said...

Looks great - good poetry for children is so valuable!

Life's a poem said...

Thanks NattyJ, I can always rely on your support

Life's a poem said...

Sue, yes it's so amazing that they burst into the world a day apart!

Life's a poem said...

Karen,

lovely to have your applause!

Life's a poem said...

Book Chook- I love that kids love my poetry!

Life's a poem said...

Perryin Australia, welcome to my blog- thanks for joining up!

Jackie said...

Can't wait to read it Lorraine - still hoping to do your online poetry course. I'll conquer free verse yet!

Life's a poem said...

Thanks Jackie- hey there are a few rhymed poems in the new collection- wonderful you can join my on line course- see you then.

Janeen said...

whooooooooooooooo! can't wait, Lorraine.

Janeen
x

tjoyy said...

great mum - the kids and I look forward to devourng this new book!