Wednesday 31 March 2010

''Raining Embers"

Last year we were not far from the Black Saturday bushfire- a change of wind direction took the fire away from us- a terrible day.  But out of this tragedy a group of dedicated people recorded the stories of the bushfire victims in Bendigo.

Coincidentally my publisher told me that I needed a poem about the bushfire to add to my forthcoming poetry collection.  And I shared the result with John Holton the editor of 'Raining Embers.'   That's how part of my poem became the back blurb of the book.

It was a moving launch event last Friday night and I felt so proud when John concluded his launch speech by reading out my poem.
  John Holton's blog spot   
This link shares the journey in the compilation of the book by John.

1 comment:

tjoyy said...

looks like an amazing local publication - hope to get to read a bit more