Tuesday 30 March 2010

CBCA Notables

Exciting news!  My verse novel- 'Star Jumps' made the CBCA Notable list today.  Very satisfying.  Its not easy to write in a genre that is not mainstream and  a topic that tackles farming and drought- but this novel is close to my heart and was showered with tears through the writing and editing stages.

Well done Walker- my publisher with several notable books in 2010 awards.

Thanks to the May Gibbs Literature trust for time spent in 2007 working on 'Star Jumps.'

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Excellent work!! And here it is on the CBCA site: http://cbca.org.au/YoungerReaders_Notables_2010.htm

It's on my shortlist anyway! :)

xx

Janeen said...

Hope you got my congratulatory note, Lorraine! I feel very thrilled for you because I love the work, I appreciate that it came from the deep well of your emotion and memories, I value the effort because it was written here in Adelaide and I treasure the fact that I was asked to launch it!
love
Janeen

tjoyy said...

what an achievement - VERY glad to know that you wont be giving up writing!

nattyj said...

We're all doing Starjumps! YAY!