Monday 25 April 2011

Anzac day and Easter

What a tumultuous season-  I love Easter and the Religious significance also- as well as my annual pilgrim to the YMCA second hand book fair!

What did I buy?  Books for my grandchildren and amazing books for me- well children's books- I'm yet to have enough time to venture into the paperback novels.  But I promise, all year I've been carrying books to the second hand book bin to make room for my own new treasures.

So many books!  A real treasure trove and many to share and foster the love of reading.

The Televised dawn service from Anzac cove is always moving- my grandfather was an Anzac- one day I'd love to write about this era.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I was thinking of you this morning...and the book fair. Glad to see the tradition continues!

BookChook said...

I think I spy a Rod Clement book in the photo. Have you read Feathers for Phoebe? I think the grandchildren will love it!