Tuesday 1 October 2024

 Milestone 2 and PhD journey


I seem to have become enthralled with all things verse novels and the writing of two new verse novels.

Recently I presented my Milestone 2 update with progress so far, dissemintation plan, what is yet to be completed before the timeframe of a completed PhD.

The research both in my history topics and in research into the devices that constitute a verse novel has taken me into areas like the components of repetition, and interesting historical facts that pinpoint historical facts in my novels, and make me want to wander into other tangents.

I have learned so much but struggle with academic writing...

I need big doses of self-encouragement and reaffirming why I am on this journey. Both new verse novels look at a historical event in which my ancestor was involved in and my husband's ancestor in the other.

So, new family knowledge is also being unearthed.

It seems a total challenge to be on  PhD challenge; so many new ways to learn, especially academic writing! But I keep at it the morning after morning, and recently, the third draft of my second novel for this course was complete- well, complete in the way that I feel satisfied that ties the drama and the narrative and the poetry together.

Have you been on a journey that really challenged you?


More to come...





No comments: