Wednesday 21 January 2009

Flying Ants



There are so many phenomenal insect activities that happen in a moment and then are gone. If you're not in your back yard at that precise or spy something from a window, then you miss out.

Just as I was about to put the washing on the line one day last month- here was a swarm of big flying ants. They came quickly from the log and flew away in a matter of seconds. Amazing.

I love the quirks and impossible feats of the natural world. Great fuel for writing and an analogy of creativity and ongoing hope for one's own writing output.

2 comments:

Sam Marwood said...

That is brilliant mum. I love your stories of how you get inspiration for stories. It's out of the ordinary that great stories come. Keep up the posts, I love reading them

tjoyy said...

mum you have always taught us this - thank you it keeps me going - it is a tricky thing to teach - to keep an open heart ready to be delighted and surprised - even when it feels heavy