Friday 3 November 2017

Of Gelato and workshops and edits

The heading sounds delicious well the beginning words do, not the last word, but saying that I have enjoyed my re-writes of my latest novel 'Leave Taking' due out July 2018 from UQP.

In providing more backstory I have nearly doubled the word count of a small verse novel and cried enough to smudge my handwritten notes.





And also surprised myself with a new development to end the story in a more satisfying way.
I appreciate so much the notes and suggestions my editors have made for the edit.


The Gelato part of the heading comes into play when my writing friend Kate Nannestad last week asked me to come and celebrate her book's release 'The Girl, the Dog and the Writer in Rome' and yes we toasted that wonderful book with licks of Gelato ice-cream.

And the workshops?  Well I had fun taking a writers' group through some poetic exercises in Echuca recently, sadly I had a dreadful cough and that interrupted the workshop often!


SaveSave

No comments: