Friday 24 May 2013

Writing(Of course)

Well yes I've been writing, but in a different direction-writing poetry strategies to encourage others to write also.

I've used poems in my latest collection : 'Guinea Pig town and other poems about animals' as a basis to explore such topics as:


  • Texture
  • one word to a line poems
  • adverb poems
  • simple repetition poems, 'over leaf, under leaf'

In the process, I write an example poem then construct scaffolding for others to 'take the plunge' into the fascination and satisfying realm of writing.

Here's a sample from my texture poem.

'feathers made into moon faces
when owls hunt at night"

And of course another wonderful photo of animals (and Quinn) at my recent book launch.



1 comment:

Janeen said...

A beautiful piece of imagery Lorraine, that lingers in the mind and the eye behind the mind.