Sunday 7 August 2011

Bryon Bay Writers' festival

My little part is done- fighting off a terrible cold and cough- but managed to listen to a few sessions, before my cold overwhelmed me.  Enjoyed listening to Alison Lester, James Roy and Tony Wilson- plenty of kids in the ABC3 tent and being introduced by Amberley Lobo and Kayne Tremillis was a buzz.  But poetry was read and I had questions and responses- but not the line up for book signing that Alison Lester had- they forgot to announce signings for me- ah well.

But what I have learnt is there are more writers writing form the seat of their pants than planners- so i feel very comfortable with this.

It was lonely - I didn't know anyone so that  is so different to the children's writing festivals I've been to- but lots to ponder and that is always the hallmark of a great festival.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Excellent Lorraine! It's all great exposure and new audiences. Well done to you.

Shame about the cold marring the experience. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Claire said...

Love the hessian-backed craft pic. What are you making?

Life's a poem said...

Claire, that's a bag I made for Rochelle- similar t the one my grandmother taught me to make- always intend writing a craft article about it...will show it to you one day...

tjoyy said...

it is where all the great australians hang out - so proud that you could be apart of this