Wednesday 27 January 2010

May Gibbs residency,planning.

I am working through the process of the start of a novel- one I've been mulling about for awhile. I have written character sketches in verse novel style, but I'm not sure that I want this novel to be in that style.

So yesterday looking through a file of cuttings articles, advice; I came across a link to the snowflake method of planning. So I had a go. It is making me see and work through nebulous ideas I've had about my three lead characters, their setting and their problems. I wrote, I expanded, I came closer to the lives of these characters, but more work has to be done yet before I begin writing in earnest.

I have been awarded a May Gibbs residency which I will take up next month- what a blessing. And I know that the minute I dive into a new story, other stories start clambouring for attention also as well as poems, snatches of ideas. A blessing indeed.

No comments: